Monday, July 13, 2009

Relay for life

This past weekend my family and I participated in the American Cancer Society's Relay for Life. It was a 24 hour walk that started Friday night and ended Saturday Night. I had a lot of fun. It was a great experience, taking one day out of the year to celebrate and remember those effected by cancer. Cancer is such a terrible thing that effects people of all ages. I am glad I had the opportunity to walk and show my support. We had items up for raffle to earn money. Kelsey, Mataya and their new friend Josie were great saleswomen. They would ask everyone walking by if they wanted to buy a ticket. They definetly did their part to help, not mention all the walking they did. As part of the relay you could by luminarias to show those who had survived or died from cancer. Here are the ones we got and decorated.

Megan Augustine- Ethan's sister

Sally Meikle- friend and co-worker of my mom's

Chris Bair- Melanie's husband

Carrie Andersen- Justin's wife

They had a dunking booth there, you could pay $5 to nominate someone, and they had to pay $10 to be un-nominated or face the water. Well as you can see in the picture Lynette was nominated, by her own grand-daughter. Mataya nominated Lynette and she bravely participated.

Lynette anxiously waiting

Into the water she goes

Ethan, hanging out at the relay

Abigail hanging out

No comments: