Tuesday, January 26, 2010

PUPPIES

Yeah. Ruby had her puppies. Last time I posted I thought it was going to be awhile, but that was not the case. She had 14 puppies on the 14th. Only 12 of them made it though. : ( Its so sad. Had we had a better idea when she was due we could have saved them. I was home that Thursday afternoon doing my usual house stuff and Roman was barking for like a half an hour so finally I went out to yell at him, when I did Ruby came out of the dog house. Which was fine.. then I heard this squeeking noise. I thought maybe it was baby mice or a baby ferret ( we have had one visit us) I was too scared to go look, so I called Ethan and he said I hope its not a puppy. Dun dun dun... I hadn't even thought about that. Sure enough there was a puppy out there. She had damage to her nose and cheek and had some frostbite, but other than that she was fine. We call her scarface. The first one she had didn't make it. Ethan found him in the snow : ( Everything from there went pretty well. We have quite the variety again. Three blues, 2 male and 1 female, which we are keeping her name is Sydney. She had 4 brown ones, 3 female and 1 male. She also had 5 black ones, 3 female and 2 male. They are so cute and growing like weeds. I will be sad to see them go, but I know I can't keep them all. Anyway other than that not much new. Abi is still growing like a weed herself. Still no crawling, she is getting pretty close and still no teeth. Oh well, all in due time.

No comments: